I Am A Writer

I Am a Writer My name is Abbey. I am a writer. I am many other things too. A woman. A wife. A mother. A teacher. A friend. The list goes on, but for this blog: I am a writer. I have been one for quite some time. Of my first letters in grade school. Of cursive in sixth grade. Of research papers in college. Of journal writing. Of letter writing. Of freelance newspaper writing. Of magazine writing. I've written many words throughout my life.

I love to write. Most of the time. Is my writing always perfectly free from grammatical errors and typos? No. Am I a reader? Yes. Am I well-read? Probably not. Am I an eloquent speaker? No. I love to write partly because I can ponder in-depth what I want to say before I express it. In fact, I decided upon my major in college, communications with an emphasis in print journalism, partly because of my love for writing. I am a thinker. I am an analyzer. I make connections between what is said, implied, and symbolized. Writing is an avenue to express what I see, think, and feel in this world. On a page in English, a reader moves from the left to the right. A writer moves from the right to the left. Moving between creativity and intellect.

So it begins.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts